Preparing your home for the winter months
Storm related home disasters are more common than you think. Especially during the coldest winter months when the weather is wet and frigid. The best thing you can do for your home is get it complete prepared for the cold months ahead. According to the Washington Post, there are simple steps you can use to prepare your home for winter.
- Check your homes heating and air conditioning system
- Paint caulk and seal exterior wood
- Seal your masonry and hard surfaces
- Check your drainage
- Clean your gutters
- Clean your chimney and order firewood
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Shut down the pool and the sprinkler system and drain outside faucets
- Prepare your lawn for winter and set it up for a great spring
- Check your trees
- Make sure your attic doesn’t become a critter hotel
If you have a water, fire, mold or asbestos disaster, give SERVPRO a call today. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all of your cleaning and restoration needs.